2022 -2023 Registration Now Open!!
Braves Hockey Registration for the 2022-2023 is now open!
All registrations must be done ONLINE.
Pay online with a credit card or select the "Manual Interac e-transfer" payment option when registering. You can e-transfer the fee to email@example.com. This is an automatic deposit, so no question/answer is required. Please be sure to include your players Full name on the e-transfer. Or you can pay by cash, debit or credit card at an in-person registration.
We will contact you with further details regarding ice times in August once details have
PLEASE NOTE: All players that did not play with Braves last season may need to be first transferred to Braves in order to register. If the player shows as available you can go ahead and register. If you do not show as having an available registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the players’ name and date of birth so that a transfer to Braves Hockey can be arranged as soon as possible.
For new families please follow the registration steps below.
- Create a family account at Spordle My Account in the parent’s name. Click here to register!
- Add players/participants/coaches to the parent’s Spordle My Account under the Link a Member section by searching by name and date of birth.
- Once your account is created and members added you can register the player online using the link on the Spordle Dashboard. PLEASE NOTE: If you have not played for Braves Hockey before or the system advises that there is no registration option for your player, please email email@example.com your player’s’name and date of birth. If you do not see the Braves Hockey to register with please see the links below to register.
- If you choose to pay by e-transfer, ensure your payments are sent to the Braves Office at firstname.lastname@example.org . Players will not be eligible to skate until full payment is received.
- Registration is not complete until all required documents and forms above are submitted and payment is received.
All U9, U11 & U13 parents will be required to work three bingos for each player (subject to change). You can select your bingo date at one of the in-person registration dates (please watch both the website & facebook pages for dates). You will be required to leave a $300.00 volunteer deposit cheque per bingo dated the day of your bingo. That cheque will be returned to you at your bingo or cashed if you fail to work. (If you can't fulfill your commitment date you must email Amy @ email@example.com within 72 hrs of your bingo date otherwise it is your responsibility to find someone to cover or the Braves will cash your deposit cheque.)
In person registration dates for 2022-2023 hockey season:
Please continue to watch the website for both in person registration & bingo sign ups
Registration of the player is NOT complete until ALL registration requirements have been met:
- If registering a player for the first time families must take the Hockey Canada Respect In Sport program BEFORE players will be given tryout/evaluation ice times. Respect-In-Sport will need to be taken again if your certificate is older than 5 years. When taking the program please ensure that you specify EACH player that you will be registering and make sure the spelling of their name EXACTLY matches the name they are currently registered by. Failure to do so will prevent that player from showing as having a parent take the course. If registering a player for the first time when you have taken the course for another player you can go to the Respect In Sport website and add that player to your existing Respect In Sport record. More details and links to take the course are available (here). PLEASE NOTE: If a family has last taken the Respect In Sport course prior to 2019 they will need to retake the course again this year.
- For U9, U11, U13 registrations a parent must attend an in-person registration date to sign-up for bingo(s) or pay the $300 Bingo Waiver fee/bingo when registering online. Requirement for U9, U11, U13 parents to attend the in-person registration would not be required if Registration fees and Bingo Waiver fee are both paid for online.
- Family Community League membership must be purchased in advance either online through EFCL or at your home Community League. Every family MUST purchase a Community League membership to participate in the NEZ program. Military families do not require a Community League membership but must provide a photocopy of CRA membership card
- For NEW players: Copy of birth certificate, Alberta Health Care card and proof of residency - a property tax bill or utility bill with parent(s) name and address on it accompanying payment of fees or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For RETURNING players that have MOVED: Please complete the Hockey Alberta Parent Declaration Form that includes an upload of Proof of Residency by way of a recent utility (gas, water, power) bill showing the service address, parent name, and date. This form can also be uploaded in your Spordle account.
2021-2022 Registration Fees
All U7, U15 and U18 teams are run by NEZ Hockey so therefore these players will have to be registered with NEZ Hockey.
Follow this link for registration information: NEZ Hockey
Starting this year Hockey Edmonton is taking registrations for the Recreational Hockey League for all age categories from U9 - U21. This league is ideal for those looking for a lower cost, lower commitment, non-body checking alternative to mainstream hockey. For more details and to register for this program please follow this link. These players will register directly with Hockey Edmonton.
Initiation/Bantam/Midget and Recreational League players CANNOT register with the Braves online.
All U13, U15 and U18 players who want to try out for the AA program will register directly with their resident AA program.
If you register with the AA program you must NOT register with NEZ until such time that you are released from the AA program.
(Click here to register! )